No matter what business you’re in and what projects you find yourself tackling, a systematized approach will help you:
• Work faster and produce more • Produce higher quality results with fewer mistakes • Easily outsource the tasks you don’t like to do
The Magic of Templates
How many times do you answer email from potential clients? What about responding to customer complaints? Or saying a polite no to those people wanting you to meet up to pick your brain for a coffee chat?
All of these tasks and more become effortless when you create fill-in-the-blank templates that can be repurposed for specific cases/people. Templates can be as simple as a “canned response” in your email client or help desk, or you can use software such as Text Expander (for Mac) or Phrase Express (for Windows). You might even create a template document in Evernote, Mac note or Google Drive to house all your templates for easier access.
While templates will undoubtedly save you time, the real beauty is that once they’re created, you can easily outsource things like email and even sales. Simply instruct your Virtual assistant on the proper use of your templates, and you’ll be free to do other, more important things.
Checklists Prevent Mistakes
I have multiple checklist. One for even writing this blog post, one for going live, one for recording my videos and writing articles. It might seem counter-intuitive, but when you perform the same tasks over and over again, it’s easy to miss a critical step. You might think you did all you needed or that live-stream this week— you might even remember doing it—only to look back and you missed two steps that affected your post promotion.
But when you implement checklists, it’s suddenly much more difficult to miss an important task.
You can easily create checklists for all your common tasks and projects using nothing more than a text document. I do the most so I use Apple Pages and make it look all fancy lol. If you’re managing a team, checklists in your project management system allow you to see exactly what tasks are complete, and which are still outstanding. Think of it as a to do list for each task
Templates and checklists turn smart business owners into productivity Queens, and it’s easy to get started. The next time you answer an email you’ve answered before, save your response. The next time you set up a new product in your shopping cart or create a new opt-in page, take the time to record the steps. These documents will make future projects easier and faster to complete, and best of all, you can hand them off to your assistant to do instead.
So, tell me which tip would you implement to work for you?
This fellowship is the kind that created PARADIGM SHIFTS that have actively changed my thinking. No kidding, it was like being in the matrix and being offered two PILLS. I HAD TO CHOOSE.
On April 26th 2019, I received the offer to take the RED pill or the BLUE Pill. So what happened was ehm… well, I went for the RED pill.
Why? You ask, with the crazy world we live in, getting the privilege to learn from some of the best in their industry was an easy RED pill YESSSS! Companies like the Raben Group, Caspian Event Science, OpEd Project, Rashad Robinson from Color of Change and so many more.
FACT: I was so sure I wouldn’t be selected. I applied anyway
TRUTH: The passion for serving my purpose matters more to me than whatever I want that is not in alignment. That was apparently why I got selected. YES TO PURPOSE!
1. How to Navigate Inter-Personal Relationships – One of the mind-blowing sessions was with Dr. Edwin J. Nichols, PhD., a Clinical/Industrial Psychologist. When you meet someone that helps you understand at our core why every race lives and interacts with the world a certain way, it can significantly affect the way you understand yourself and other people in our world
Understanding various axiologies and epistemology gives you an opportunity and the blueprint to speak every cultural language that will get the results you need, for your work anywhere in the world. In this session with Dr. Nichols, I got to understand who I am as a woman of African decent and knowing how to apply different axiologies to whomever I am dealing with. This knowledge alone is a powerful ability that I have started maximizing. IT FLIPPING WORKS!
2. Asset Framing – Is the innovative practice that we define people by their strengths and by their aspirations and contributions, rather than their challenges and deficits. Understanding and practicing this core value is literally like taking the RED pill and never being able to take the BLUE pill even if you wanted to. Once you understand this practice, it is almost impossible to miss how we (you, and 95% of the world) DEFICIT frame just about everything. This training by Trabian Shorters is its own entire paradigm shift that forces you to step up to the better version of yourself and you’ll find that you start genuinely seeing people differently. You see people in a way that gives them power to be and bring their own best to the world ORGANICALLY. It’s industry changing stuff! Literally
And if you’re a social entrepreneur, all I can tell you is, prepare to see yourself and those you serve in a light that you probably never even considered. You’ll love it.
3. The Power of a Network- When you get down-to-earth influential and powerful people together, The vibe that happens is a recipe for creating a family you didn’t even know you needed. The caliber of fellows in this fellowship is mind-blowing. The way we bonded so quickly was shocking for so many of us. That’s what happens when you get people who are purpose-centered, loving and excellent in a room. We connect on SOUL-LEVELS. The strategy of giving us the experience of connecting with all kinds of people of African decent was the kind of magic needed to bring us together no matter what part of the world we are located. In watching and experiencing the many depths of these incredible down-to-earth doctors, lawyers, academics, financial gurus, tech leaders, social and philanthropic leaders, I now have connections and access to people who want my success and I theirs. You can’t pay for this kind of network. It’s earned by doing your part for the people of African decent and our world.
This fellowship is for the next generation of thought leaders and you could be it. Past fellows include the owner of the largest black owned bank in America. 2 New York Times Bestselling Authors, The head of the Skillman foundation, leaders in Tech and communications, MSNBC and Today’s Show contributors, Trusted community leaders across our nation and more.
I hope you take the RED pill and get ready to see the world differently.
Think about the word Market. What is a market? according to the dictionary, a market is a regular gathering of people for the purchase and sale of provisions, livestock, and other commodities.
So, once you understand what a market is, think of marketing as the act of promoting and selling your products or services so that people can buy what you offer. They pay you for something they need, that you offer.
My favorite and simplest quote of what branding is, is from one of my favorite Branding gurus, Kelly Brito. Kelly defines Branding as a process of taking the right steps, to communicate the right message and connect with the right people. Re-branding is your chance to do it over and right”.
I hope this helps. Thanks for watching.I invite you to leave a comment below and let me know if this definition of branding makes sense to you
The mind is a powerful thing. It works hard to help us come to a resolution. That’s why dreams at night can provide closure or clarity. It keeps working till it gets an answer your mind can wrap its head around.
“Find you purpose or you wasting air”- Nipsey Hussle
He was on the purpose ride too. And I’m on that ride too for as long as I have breath in me on this earth.
I had no idea who Nipsey Hussle was until his passing. I had come across the video of him and Lauren randomly just last week and that picture of them with the horse. As I lay in bed sick as a dog, no voice to speak and tired. This last week, my mind has been trying to wrap up his story. And it finally reached a resolution this morning. 3 things it came to:
1. He was a good man. Who set his own rules in a world that often teaches us to follow rules.
2. Envy is a dangerous spirit and we alllll need to stop that spirit from having any inch in our lives. Grace is a powerful thing and only God can give it. So when you find yourself getting mad at someone else’s blessing please catch that spirit. It is poison and it can destroy you and those you should love. Turn to Gratitude instead.
3. When you find your soulmate anything less just seems like you’re cheating yourself. My heart sank for Lauren. To loose the one your heart was given to in such a painful way is heartbreaking. I wish you healing.
Many of us don’t know Nipsey Hussle, never met him, but we did know from what we have seen so far he had a heart for love, others and community. From his passing I am learning and reminded to keep being and doing good, even when it is unpopular. Be a better human being. We can all do better…Rest with God sir.
Hey you. Welcome to my Virtual home here on YetundeShorters.com where I get to support your awesomeness with tools, tips, resources to thrive out here in these world streets. Plus, I get to share with you my life as a Lifestyle Entrepreneur, TwinMom and Wife. A snap shot of the good and challenging. I am on a journey to realize my highest self while sharing the experiences, in hopes that someone else can learn from them, without having to go through it. I look forward to connecting live or online.