As a black woman, every time I hear stories about how people who look like me are brutalized & killed by Caucasian/pass for Caucasian police and self-appointed police, it literally physically hurts & I cry just about every time. This brutality happens every day, don’t be fooled into thinking it’s once in a while.
I get angry and I work hard not to get to hopeless, because I believe in I get angry and I work hard not to get to hopeless, because I believe in HOPE and I believe in the power of CHANGE + ACTION. See, change can be trusted because it always shows up, it always happens and it guarantees that NO CONDITION IS EVER PERMANENT however many eons something may take to change. CHANGE IS DEPENDABLE. And I find comfort in its POWER.
Today, I also realized how many of my white friends have NO IDEA about my experience of racism in this country. I imagine they think, I am that “different African chic”.
I also realized I don’t share my experiences because a part of me feels why bother, they won’t get it and I’ll still be seen as “but you’re different.” NOPE, I AM NOT.
So, I’m making a choice to actively have those conversations more, and actively share what my friends can do to make a change that can deeply reduce the racism (assuming they want to).
I also believe in finding solutions; knowing what to do about something is how I maintain and build my personal POWER.
In this time and through my morning meditation today, I got a clear message:
- “Yetunde, I sent you here to get more women to step into their purpose, because the world will be a better place when more people are living in PURPOSE, so stay focused on what I sent you here for” “YES GOD, Got it!”
- “I know you’re angry. I know you hurt, and across the world even if all black people don’t personally know each of these people, your soul power is what makes you feel this so deeply every time, and you will never be desensitized because you are part of the solution.”
- “Love is the answer and love needs power, justice, defense, protection and so many things to be fully experienced, so do something different today with what you share.”
From my years of reading on politics and world changes, from Apartheid South Africa, to the murder of George Floyd, two things always make change happen.
- Active and prolonged boycott that affects financial gains MAJORLY
- Voting who you want in office that has the interest of all of our collective humanity in mind.
So, today’s JUST 5 MINUTES FRIDAY attempts to be a piece that may shift your mindset and get you to COMMIT to the long term freedom of all of US.
There are lessons only you have learned and experienced that can literally transform someone’s life. It is your soul’s responsibility to share that message before you exit this planet.
If you’re reading this and you are serious about action driven change,
What can you share to help?
Follow @YetundeShorters to make sure you’re plugged in for the Just5 Features.
Please NOTE: I’ll delete anything hurtful, cruel and bait focused. This is my website and I will use that privilege.
just5friday #racisminamerica #changeisinevitable #womenentrepreneur #yetundeshorters #womenentrepreneurship #raceandentrepreneurship #womeninbuisness #personalpower #politicalpower #financialpower #womenwithpurpose #purposedrivenwoman #womanofpurpose #authenticwomen #womeninbeauty #womensupportingeachother #whitepriviledge #buildyourpower
See, change can be trusted because it always shows up, it always happens and it guarantees that NO CONDITION IS EVER PERMANENT however many eons something may take to change. CHANGE IS DEPENDABLE. And I find comfort in its POWER. Click To Tweet